Washington and Lee Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship in Digital Humanities
The W&L University library is hiring for a one-year post-baccalaureate position in Digital Humanities, starting in June 2018.
The Post-Baccalaureate Fellow in Digital Humanities is a one-year position designed for a recent college graduate who will assist the Washington and Lee Digital Humanities (DH) initiative in preparing undergraduates majoring in the humanities and humanistic social sciences for technology-based careers or graduate education. The position will give particular attention to developing activities, resources and workshops that encourage undergraduate women to expand interest in applying coding, software and digital research methodologies to their studies and careers beyond W&L. The Post-Baccalaureate Fellow will receive significant mentoring and professional development in preparing for future graduate study or career opportunities.
The position will focus on expanding support and programming for women in technology, and will provide an opportunity for students to learn new technical skills, as well as receive mentoring and career preparation. The successful applicant does not need significant technical ability, although clearly students should be excited about the opportunity to learn new technical skills, as that will be a major part of the position.
Elements of the position include:
- Plan and coordinate the first Women in Technology Forum in early 2019.
- Plan and implement programmatic activities designed to increase technological skills among undergraduates.
- Assist in DH research projects as needed, particularly expanding the DH project documenting coeducation at W&L.
- Document and publicize DH initiatives, with a focus on women in DH.
- Serve as an active member of the Digital Humanities Action Team
The full description and link to the on-line application is available by clicking on the Official website link, or here: https://apply.interfolio.com/47504