Massachusetts Promise Fellowship
AmeriCorps Massachusetts Promise Fellows deliver the resources young people need to be successful in life by creating, managing, and leading meaningful out-of-school time programs for youth in grades 6-12. Working in partnership with non-profits, city agencies, and schools, fellows take action to improve the lives of young people by:
- Increasing the presence of adult mentors in young people’s lives
- Providing children with safe places and structured activities during out of school time
- Exposing young people to workshops that enhance their social and emotional learning
- Lead service-learning activities for young people
- Facilitate college and career readiness programs
Fellows have served with a wide variety of organizations, including the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Health Care for All, the City of Brockton, Conte Community School, YMCA, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, Asian Community Development Corporation and many others. See a listing of positions here.
Fellows are eligible to take free courses in Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies.